Some things that have happened in the last few months:
- Wrapped up helping at CRICS (Chiang Rai International Christian School) & turned down the opportunity to teach 11th grade English
- Went home for furlough & saw one of my life-long friends get married. Spent time with family & friends, met my niece for the first time, & celebrated the 50th anniversary of Southlands Church.
- Got a traditional bamboo tattoo in Cambodia!
- Ate a fried tarantula while leading a team trip (Lead by example, am I right?) — photos on my photo page of this blog!
- Led five teams through Thailand & Cambodia & it went well!
- Took a holiday post-teams to the hippie town of Pai. Ate at a rabbit filled cafe, drank lots of kambucha, & spent 90% of the time sitting outside cafes reading while it rained. The dream!
- Learned how to drive a manual truck!
- Helped paint our prevention home/renovate a storage room into a counseling room
- Continued in my hobby of film photography & have shot 5 more rolls of film (ok so this probably didn’t need to be included but I’m really stoked & can’t wait for the scans to come back!)
- Checked Angkor Wat off my bucket list! And Ta Prohm (the tree-covered Tomb Raider temple)
- Broke my toe (lame!)
- The broken toe set back my plan to start Muay Thai again but I’ll be doing that again soon!
- Made some big decisions but that’ll come in a separate blog in the next few days.
Such a quick, boring update but I wanted to get something out. Will be writing more soon! Click the menu to the right and visit the photo page to see some snapshots! Love you all ❤